Tuesday, December 13, 2011

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Dear Eli,

This letter will be super short, so I'm just going to call it a note... but I wanted to write you and tell you what you did last night! So your daddy had given you a bath, and I could hear you upstairs laughing and giggling with him. When I went up, you guys were playing basketball with your tiny goal, and you were having the BEST time. When you daddy is able, he'll send me the video and I'll post it for you. Anyway, you're playing playing playing, and you would consistently hold the ball with one hand, and hold onto the goal with the other.

THEN.

All of the sudden, you let go with your other hand, and you just stood there. By yourself. And balanced.

You stood unassisted for probably five or six seconds, chewing on that little basketball, not realizing what you were doing. Of course we did, and your daddy had been videoing you, but he wasn't at that exact moment.

We were so proud of you! We started clapping, but you didn't know why, and I'm pretty sure you didn't care.We tried to get you to stand again, but you weren't interested. You looked at me like, "I'm not a monkey, mommy. I don't perform on command!"

You're growing up too fast. Last night was the first time I looked at you and realized you won't be a baby much long. It made my heart both achingly sad and wonderfully happy all at the same time. To know that you are growing and developing--how wonderful! To know that you are becoming more independent and don't need your mommy as much--how sad--yet wonderful! I know... I'm a mixed bag of emotions right now. It's hard to explain. You won't understand until you become a parent... which won't be until you're at least 30 because you can't date until you're 25. Ok. 24.

Ok, I have to go give a mid-term now, but just know that I love you to the moon and back, Eli James :)

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment